YOUR PRIVACY IS PROTECTED
- We take steps to protect your personal information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We monitor and manage our practitioners’ privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that everyone who performs services for us protects your privacy and only uses your personal information for the purposes you have consented to.
- The Inner City Family Health Team (ICFHT) includes the ICFHT staff and the ICHA doctor or psychiatrist you may see at this clinic.
THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
Protecting patient privacy is not only the law, but it is an essential part of the Inner City Family Health Team’s commitment to treating our patients with dignity, compassion and social responsibility. Protecting your personal health information is about quality of care and treating others the way we want to be treated.
The Inner City Family Health Team collect personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. The personal health information that we collect may include, for example, your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits to the Family Health Team and care that you received during those visits. Occasionally, we collect personal health information about you from other sources if we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits.
USES AND DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
The Inner City Family Health Team and Inner City Health Associates doctors who work as part of the ICFHT may use and disclose your personal health information to:
- Treat and care for you
- Conduct risk management activities
- Conduct research
- Compile statistics
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Plan, administer and manage our internal operations
- Get payment for your treatment and care (from OHIP, WSIB, your private insurer or others)
- Conduct quality improvement activities (such as sending patients satisfaction surveys)
- Fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
YOUR INFORMATION, YOUR CHOICE
Your may access and correct your personal health records, or withdraw your consent for some of the above uses and disclosures by contacting us (subject to legal exceptions, such as where disclosures are required by law).
For more information or to raise a concern you have with our practices, contact : Jo Connelly at 416-368-5666 x 203.
Officer Contact info:
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. The commissioner can be reached at:
Information and Privacy Commissioner/ Ontario 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1A8 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 416.326.3333 Long Distance: 1.800.387.0073 Website: www.ipc.on.ca